Looking for a quick way to make a spectacular stuffing side dish to accompany your meal? This is the simplest thing to do:
1. 1 box cornbread stuffing mix
2. 1 large onion chopped
3. 2 stalks celery diced
4. 2 or 3 apples, peeled and diced in large pieces
5. Pecans – a handful
6. Chicken broth — enough to moisten.
Chop the onion and apple and celery. Drizzle a little olive oil in a non-stick skillet and saute the onion and celery. When they become tender add the apples and heat through.
Mix the stuffing mix according to the package directions. Add the cooled onion/celery/apple mixture and the handful of pecans. Stir in enough chicken broth to moisten the ingredients slightly.
Pour into a baking dish and bake until heated through – about 20-30 minutes, depending upon the size of the dish.
The sky is the limit in terms of mixing up the ingredients. You could omit and or add a number of things — additional veggies, raisins, cranberries, sausage, sliced almonds, etc.
Quick & easy does it for me………….DebraJ
I did not receive any compensation or receive free gifts to create this post. The ideas and opinions are my own.
Mexican Tamale Casserole
- 1 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or lean ground turkey)
- 2 - 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 12 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup yellow corn meal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Warm the onion and green pepper in hot cooking oil until tender.
- Add the lean ground meat and brown lightly.
- Add all the remaining ingredients for the casserole except the cheddar cheese.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes until thick. (Yummy smells)
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour into a greased 9X9X2 inch square baking dish.
- Cover with corn meal topper
- Stir corn meal and salt in cold water until thick.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Spoon over Mexican tamale meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 505 Fat: 30 Carbohydrates: 34 Sodium: 1283 Protein: 26 Cholesterol: 92.3
I have not received any compensation or free gifts for creating this post. The ideas and opinions are my own.