This is a universal sauce that can be used to accompany a variety of meat. We have spooned it over chicken, pork, and cooked it on top of a beef brisket. I suspect it would also complement turkey burgers and a number of other things. The beauty of this recipe is that it is so simple!
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat together while warming and until the cranberry sauce melts.
- Add more broth if the mixture is too thick (it should be the consistency of brown gravy).
- NOTE: You may substitute chicken or vegetable broth for the beef broth.
- You may use white wine instead of red.
You may use as gravy over chicken, pork, turkey, or beef. Save some to add at the table.
Pour the entire mixture over a beef brisket before baking in a sealed pan.
It’s all gravy…………DebraJ